Ok. I did order from fleetfilter.com which is the NAPA site. It is 10% off if you order $125 worth and 20% off if you order over $500. Might be great for a club or like the URL suggests, a fleet. So, I should have the order tomorrow. I ordered on 2/1, they acknowledged the order on 2/2, and didnt ship until 2/5. It’s hard to believe it took them that long to round up my measly order, but well worth the wait for the monies I saved.
The other site mentioned in previous post was http://www.rockauto.com/ . They had the power steering filter and also the rubber air cleaner housing mounts for cheapest of anybody, even with shipping. better deal if you order more than 1 because of the shipping. I ordered 2 of filter and 6 (2 cars worth) of the rubber mounts. No multiple shipping discounts between the two because they drop ship from 2 separate warehouses, but still the best deal.
I found cheapest power steering belt on-line at advance auto parts website. it listed it as $4.99 for the cheapo w/ 90 day warranty. when i went to the store, they charged $5.49. What a rip, but hated to take the time during lunch hour to argue. So, note to self, buy on-line and pick up at store. or better yet, call and compare prices and do whichever is cheapest.
So, to recap what I have done so far:
1. Bought ignition switch/tumbler/key/collar from dealer for astronomical price. on the good side, however, the key is the same as the doors still. Installed and works as advertised. still need the trim ring to fill the dash gap. Maybe I will find one in India!
2. Bought 4 new Michelin tires from Costco. Price close to Walmart cheapest no name brand because of the $70 off coupon for Costco. These replaced 2 spares and my front tires. I have moved my 2 rear wheels/tires to the front until i get the front end all fixed up.
3. Cleaned out the air filter housing/turbo intake tube and installed new rubber housing mounts. the old ones: one broke loose from housing, one broke loose from bracket, and the third missing. So now the air sucked into the turbo is filtered again and the housing doesn’t rattle.
4. Installed new power steering belt. it looked like the old one cut loose and wrapped itself around the fan hub and broke 2 of the fan blades off. i was able to free the old one from the fan and will have to get a new fan. I have seen them for $68 + shipping on the Internet, but will keep looking for now. I was able to install the belt fairly easily, although it will be much easier next time. Power steering seems to work ok.
5. Radio. After rerunning the extra wires the last guy added for power and re-splicing with heat shrink, I followed then into the engine compartment and 1 goes to fusebox (under the weatherproof cap) and the other to close to the battery. So, these must be the switched power and always on power. Unfortunately, after I was done splicing, i found other power wires under the pax side carpet. I will be checking to see if they are hot and using those if so. that way, i can pull the other wires that go to the engine compartment out.
6. Drove to have VIN inspected for out of state vehicle and then to the license bureau. We’re legal now.
If it’s nice after work tomorrow and if the package has arrived, I will at least replace the air filter. Oil, and ps will have to wait til weekend. When I swapped the wheels to the front, I thought the left side had all for lug bolts, but can’t seem to find one, so will need to research if local parts stores have those.